The Blackrock Medical clinic has been providing medical care for almost 30 years. We offer multiple services to patients of all ages. Services provided are listed but if you cannot find what you are searching for please call the clinic @ 012884943
We try to provide all health care in a timely manner with kindness and skill born from many years of medical practice. Our 3 doctors have many specialist skills available to our patients.
Located on the Main street in Blackrock the clinic allows easy access for patients working & living in the area as well as those travelling by DART, train & bus.
Mission statement: Excellence in medical care – Dependable advice – Kindness to all
In order to provide for your care we need to collect and keep information about you and your health in your personal medical record. Our practices are consistent with the Medical Council guidelines and the privacy principles of the Data Protection Acts. For further details please see our Practice Privacy Statement.
Dr. Barbara Kearns – G.P. Principal
- Graduated with an honours degree in Medicine from UCD 1993
- Post Graduate specialist training in General Medicine & Paediatrics in Cleveland Clinic Ohio 1994-1999 (consistently in the top 5 hospitals in the USA for the last 20 years.)
- Worked as Consultant Physician in Medicine & Paediatrics in the Cleveland Clinic prior to return to Ireland in 2000 to join her Mother in General Practice in Blackrock
- Membership of Irish College of General Practitioners 2005
- Higher Diploma in Dermatology ( 1st Class Honours) UCD 2007
- Diploma in Sports Medicine 2010
- Diploma in Leadership & Quality in Healthcare 2013
As the daughter & granddaughter of General Practitioners you could say that General Practice ran in my blood. From an early age I knew I wanted to be a G.P. I understood the responsibility & privilege, as a G.P., I would be granted by patients who allow us into their lives to help heal them & keep them and their loved ones well.
To balance this great responsibility I have always been an avid believer in physical exercise. I run, cycle, sea swim (year round) in the forty foot, practice yoga & in my spare time I mentor in Cuala GAA ! My children, family & great friends keep me firmly planted in the real world, that helps make me a better GP!
Dr. Eva McLarnon – G.P.
- Graduated from Medicine in Trinity College, Dublin.
- Between Dr. McLarnon attended Trinity College General Practice Training Scheme. As part of her training she carried out posts throughout Dublin , in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Psychiatry.
- Member of Irish College of General Practitioners .
- Post graduate diploma in Gynaecology & Women’s Health
- Post graduate diploma in Palliative Care
Dr McLarnon has special interests in all aspects of Women’s Health, particularly family planning including Mirena Coil and Implanon insertion.
Graduated in Medicine from University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Post-graduate training in general medicine & general practice in New Zealand
- Royal College of General Practice training scheme New Zealand
- Post graduate Diploma in Child health
- Member of Royal College of General Practitioners of New Zealand
Special interests are Children’s health, Womens health, contraception (Implanon and Mirena insertion) and diabetes.
Barbara O’ Brien – Practice Manager
Barbara joined the Blackrock Medical Clinic in 2003. Barbara has managed & over seen the Clinic’s development & expansion. Barbara is the person who keeps everything running smoothly in the clinic so patients are looked after in an efficient way, full of care and compassion. She believes that patients always come first.